I came across this question when analyzing the following application snapshot: Application Snapshot Application handle = 56710 Application status = UOW Waiting <<<<<<<<<<< UOW Waiting means DB2 server is waiting for application submit the next statement, does NOT indicate the current transaction has committed. Status change time = 02/26/2017 12:30:01.381390 Application code page = 1208… Continue reading Why doesn’t SELECT release IS lock in DB2
9. Configure database 9.1 Configure redo log files By default, dbca will only create 2 redo log groups for each thread and the size of each redo log file is only 50M. We need to increase redo log file size to 1G and redo log group to 5 for each thread. — add 3 additional… Continue reading Step-by-step guide on installing Oracle RAC 18.104.22.168 on RHEL7.3 (part VI)
7. Create ASM Disk Group # as grid on the 1st node asmca & 8. Create RAC database # as user oracle on the 1st node dbca & Since we’re creating CDB, the default modules could not be deselected. You can set SGA and PGA according to your physical memory.
6. Upgrade GI and Database software It is recommended to install the latest bundle patch for GI and database. According to Quick Reference to Patch Numbers for Database/GI PSU, SPU(CPU), Bundle Patches and Patchsets (Doc ID 1454618.1) I chose 22.214.171.124.170117, patch No. 24968615. 6.1 Upgrade opatch (as grid and oracle on each node) unzip p6880880_122010_Linux-x86-64.zip -d $ORACLE_HOME… Continue reading Step-by-step guide on installing Oracle RAC 126.96.36.199 on RHEL7.3 (part IV)
5. Install Oracle Database # as oracle on the 1st node The above warnings could be safely ignored. [root@soradbs05 ~]# umask 022 [root@soradbs05 ~]# /oraapp/oracle/product/188.8.131.52/dbhome_1/root.sh Performing root user operation. The following environment variables are set as: ORACLE_OWNER= oracle ORACLE_HOME= /oraapp/oracle/product/184.108.40.206/dbhome_1 Enter the full pathname of the local bin directory: [/usr/local/bin]: The contents of “dbhome” have… Continue reading Step-by-step guide on installing Oracle RAC 220.127.116.11 on RHEL7.3 (part III)
4. Install Grid Infrastructure # as user grid on the 1st node ./runInstaller Add all your RAC nodes here. Click Setup to establish ssh connectivity between nodes. Input your asm device path here. All the above warnings should be carefully inspected and you may need to lodge SR to oracle if you are uncertain about… Continue reading Step-by-step guide on installing Oracle RAC 18.104.22.168 on RHEL7.3 (part II)
1. Hardware requirements 1) two or more PC Servers At least 4 1G (or 10G) TCP network ports, configure 2 team devices (one for public network and one for heartbeat) At least 2 dual port 8G (or 16G and higher) Fibre Channel cards to connect to shared SAN storage My Server model is Inspur NF5280M4… Continue reading Step-by-step guide on installing Oracle RAC 22.214.171.124 on RHEL7.3 (part I)